Friday, April 8, 2011

Yoga sayings



Favorite Yoga Sayings, Quotes and Poems
I have selected what’s below because they express the heart, mind and soul of yoga and meditation.  You can and be a fan on my blog yogauae.
This article reflects the wisdom of yoga, yoga blessings and answers the age-old questions from the yogic point of view:  “Who am I”, What is my true nature,” What is my purpose.” How to handle suffering,”  and more.  Yoga Meditations also has over 60 meditations, relaxation and guided imagery exercises.
Dedication of Merit ~ May the merit of our practice encourage all beings to unveil the hidden brilliance.
Yoga’s wisdom on one’s true nature
  • Love is the first seed of the Soul. Rig Veda x.29
  • Our essential nature is boundless consciousness.  We are rooted in it when the mind focuses and settles.  ~ Yoga Sutras 1.3
  • For the soul there is neither birth nor death. The soul that is will never cease to be. It is unborn, eternal, ever existing, undying and primeval. One’s essence does not die when the body dies. ~ Bhagavad Gita 2.20
  • There is a spirit which is pure and which is beyond old age and death; and beyond hunger and thirst and sorrow.  This is Atman, one’s Spirit.  All desires of this Spirit are Truth.  It is this Spirit that we must find and know. ~ Chandogya Upanishad.
Living BuddhaAgain and again ~ Return like mountain ~ Release like ocean ~ Relax like sky ~ And rest ~ Rest in the heart of pure awareness.
Chakra Garden of Jewels ~ Julie Lusk with inspiration from Kabir
Don’t go outside your house to search for jewels.
Don’t even bother with that excursion, my friend.
There are jewels inside yourself.
Precious, profound and ready to be discovered.
These jewels are just like flowers.
Some are taking root.  They are in the process of being fertilized and getting ready to sprout.
Others are growing and budding , preparing to flower.
There are also beautiful blooms inside, brimming with fragrance and lively vitality.
Others are in stages of decline, getting ready to retreat, recycle themselves,
and naturally cycle back to the beginning.
Like a bouquet of flowers, there are jewels within you.
There is a sparkling ruby red jewel and it’s so stabilizing and protective.
There is an orange carnelian jewel too.  It lights up your senses, creativity and ability to feel.
There is a beautiful amber jewel, radiating confidence, inner strength and courage.
There is an emerald jewel too.  The glowing emerald green jewel is loving, forgiving and kind.
There is a bright sapphire blue jewel shining with truth and sparks your creativity.
There is an amethyst glowing inside that awakens your intuition and shows you the big picture.
There is a crystal clear diamond, shining with spirit, connecting the Holy Ones with you.
Don’t go outside your house to search for jewels.
Don’t bother with that excursion, my friend.
There are jewels inside yourself,
waiting to be discovered, polished and ready to beam beautifully.
In Light of Merton ~ Joe Z.
At the very center of our being is a great spaciousness that is untouched by sin and illusion.
A point of pure truth which is inaccessible to the fantasies of our mind or the brutalities of our will.
It’s like a pure diamond – blazing with the invisible light of heaven. It’s in everybody.
And if we could only see it and integrate it – we would radiate a peace that would make all the darkness and all the cruelty vanish forever.
Meta Meditation – Loving-kindness ~ Buddha
May I be well
May I be happy and content
May I be free from danger and suffering
May I be filled with loving-kindness
May you be well
May you be happy and content
May you be free from danger and suffering
May you be filled with loving-kindness
May all beings be well
May all beings be happy and content
May all beings be free from danger and suffering
May all beings be filled with loving-kindness
Gentle me, Holy One, into an unclenched moment, a deep breath, a letting go of heavy experiences, of shriveling anxieties,
of dead uncertainties. That softened by the silence, surrounded by the light, and open to the mystery, I may be found by
wholeness, upheld by the unfathomable, entranced by the simple, and filled with the joy that is You. ~ Ted Loder
Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers, “Grow, Grow. ~ The Talmud
Be alert for any sign of beauty or grace.
Offer up every joy.
Be awake at all moments to the news that is always arriving out of the silence
~ Sogyal Rimpoche
Today like any other day, we wake up empty and frightened.
Don’t open the door to the study and begin reading.
Take down the dulcimer.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
- Rumi
Just give me this: A rinsing out, a cleansing free of all my smaller strivings so I can be the class act God intended. True to my
purpose, all my energy aligned behind my deepest intention. And just this: A quieting down, a clearing away of internal ruckus, so I
can hear the huge stillness in my heart and feel how I pulse with all creation, part and parcel of Your great singing ocean. And this
too: A willingness to notice and forgive the myriad times I fall short, forgetting who I really am, what I really belong to. So I can start
over, fresh and clean like sweet sheets billowing in the summer sun, my heart pierced with gratitude. ~ Belleruth Naparstek
Being on the Yoga Path
  • You alone can walk the inner path.  Upanishads
  • Many paths are possible; whichever path is sincerely traveled leads to inner peace. ~ Bhagavad Gita 4.11
  • Whichever path you follow will lead to Me in the end. Your love will be returned with My love. ~ Bhagavad Gita 4.1
  • It is better to follow your own life purpose poorly, than to do another’s perfectly. You are safe from harm when you follow your own unique path. ~ Bhagavad Gita 3.35
  • Do not give up your own natural life path, even though it is flawed; all actions contain flaws, as fire is surrounded by smoke. ~ Bhagavad Gita 18.48
  • No effort is wasted and no gain is ever lost when on this path; even a little practice will shelter you from sorrow and protect you from the greatest fear. ~ Bhagavad Gita 2.40
There was a saint who asked a snake not to bite but to love everyone.
The snake agreed. But then many people threw things at the snake.
The saint found the snake all battered.
“I didn’t say not to hiss,” said the saint.
Ramakrishna
If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain.
If I can ease one life the aching, or cool one pain, or help one
fainting robin unto his nest again I shall not live in vain.
~ Emily Dickinson
I love to watch how birds
Soar on the wind.
There appears to be such
Little effort, yet such joy.
I want to become like a bird
and let my spirit soar
On the winds that are blowing
Through my life.
I will not be crushed against the rocks!
I will sense the rhythm,
The flow, and react accordingly.
I will trust my inner guide.
~ J. Garrett Garrison & S. Sheperd
I pray to the birds.
I pray to the birds because I believe they will carry the
messages of my heart upward.
I pray to them because I believe in their existence,
the way their songs begin and end each day
– the invocations and benedictions of earth.
I pray to the birds because
they remind me of what I love
rather than what I fear.
And at the end of my prayers,
they teach me how to listen.
~ Terry Tempest Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment